ProTem Health Services Inc., a recognized innovator in healthful living for people with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders (Dementia), is known for blending hospitable, stress-free living accommodations with effective therapy and care in its five Moncton homes.
We pioneered use of the psycho-social model of care when we opened the first and only small-option homes in Atlantic Canada to fill a special need.
We are distinguished for our passionate belief that despite the health issues of our residents, they need to continue on their life journey having the best days possible.
This is what makes us unique:
- We accept residents with any type of memory disorder (Dementia) which includes Alzheimer’s, Lewy Bodies, Parkinson’s, Korsakoff’s, vascular (multi-infarct) and frontal lobe who have been assessed as level 3b by the New Brunswick single-entry point system through the Department of Social Development. Since 1996, we chose to serve this client group.
- Our homes for ten residents have the ambiance, appearance and relaxing appeal of a spacious, private home. Additionally, they have been designed exclusively for the unique needs of persons living with Alzheimer’s and other Dementias.
- Our homes offer large yards with beautifully landscaped flower gardens, vegetable gardens, sitting areas and walking paths in a secured backyard,
- Our evidence-based psycho-social model of care delivered by trained and compassionate staff focuses on our residents’ need to continue to enjoy life despite their health challenges.
- We have a high staff-to-resident ratio: three day and evening Resident Care Workers for every 10 residents. We also have two full-time Registered Nurses, one casual RN, a house doctor and a pharmacist who perform regular rounds with the nurses and are available for regular consultation and emergencies.
- We carefully select Resident Care Workers who are calm, creative thinkers and team players.
- There are regular reviews of resident care goals, treatments and medications by the RNs, doctors and pharmacist.
- Our approach provides for family support. This includes open communication and education so families can enjoy time with their loved one during this difficult journey.
- Our expertise in palliative care ensures our residents remain at the home for their end-of-life care.
To book a tour and personal appointment, contact us at: